Writing and Grading Standards for the Essay
Due Date Sunday, August 31
Length 3-4 Pages
Format 1” margins on all sides
Font: 12 point
Topic: Students will analyze a current economic event or
issue in terms of one or more of the microeconomic
principles studied in this course. The event or issue
should first be described in detail. Then, the relevant
microeconomic principle should be identified and
discussed. Lastly, the student should take a position
with respect to the event or issue.
Purpose: The essay is NOT intended to be a major research effort.
Rather, it is intended to enable the student to
demonstrate his or her understanding of a specific
microeconomic principle, and to identify why and
how that principle is of practical significance in today’s
Points Possible Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling and Format 10
Clarity of Introducing & Explaining the Event
or Issue 20
Identification and Clarity of Discussing
the Pertinent Microeconomic Principle 20
Depth of Analysis and Overall Quality
of Writing 30
The use of a graph or chart, if appropriate, is recommended. For example, if your topic involves a change (shift) in a demand or supply curve, a graph would definitely be appropriate
- What U.S. interests fueled the idea that the United States should intervene in the Cuban War? How did they promote...
- Reflective Essay: How Education and Past Work and Life Experiences have prepared you for your Future in the Workplace!
- Business homework needed
- ECO 372 Week 2 Learning Team Weekly Reflection - Economic Forecasting Paper
- the history on holy crusades
- Environmental lab (week 2)
- HCS 440 WEEK 4 Economic Issues Simulation Paper
- week 2 public speaking