1. Because the osmotic pressures of a solution depend on solute concentration, osmotic water movements...
1. Because the osmotic pressures of a solution depend on solute concentration, osmotic water movements are interrelated with solute behavior. Make a diagram to show the direction of water and solutes. Decide and then explain why you concluded the following statements are true or false. a) If glucose concentrations in solution A and B separated by a semi permeable membrane are the same, the net movement of water will be zero. b) If glucose concentration in solution A is half that of solution B, twice as much water will leave solution B compared to that from solution A. c) The osmotic pressure of a 2M solution of urea is the same as that of a 1M solution of potassium chloride. d) To make a 5 milliosmolar solution of sodium sulfate, 50g of the salt are placed in a liter of water.
Other questions 10
- Sumerize this article in two paragraphs: http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/342823/title/Extreme_hot_spells_rising
- why are there so many different types of maps?
- Finance questions.
- 51 degrees north latitude, 21 degrees east longitude
- 355 times 6.09
- How does intelligence affect society?
- What are the lines, name at least 20, in Beowulf that have exaggerations?
- What is 2(6x-4)=3(4x+8)
- W6 Assignment 1