Wal-Mart Stores v. Dukes (Ch 1, p 17) Nino v. The Jewelry Exchange (Ch 1, p 22) Narayan v. EGL, Inc. (Ch 2, p 37) Solis v. Laurelbrook Sanitarium and School (Ch 2, p 42) Zheng v. Liberty Apparel Co. (Ch 2, p 51) Jones v. Oklahoma City Public Schools
BA370 Case Analyses 1
Case Analyses: select TWO court cases (from different chapters) from the list below, and respond in writing to the case questions. The written analysis of both cases should be approximately 2-3 pages total; use parenthetical citations and a corresponding works cited list when referencing specific information from the text or other sources, and follow other prescribed guidelines for APA format.
Wal-Mart Stores v. Dukes (Ch 1, p 17) Nino v. The Jewelry Exchange (Ch 1, p 22) Narayan v. EGL, Inc. (Ch 2, p 37) Solis v. Laurelbrook Sanitarium and School (Ch 2, p 42) Zheng v. Liberty Apparel Co. (Ch 2, p 51) Jones v. Oklahoma City Public Schools (Ch 3, p 77) Hasan v. Foley & Lardner, LLP (Ch 3, p 80) Collazo v. Bristol-Myers Squibb Manufacturing (Ch 3, p 89)
Wal-Mart Stores v. Dukes (Ch 1, p 17) Case Questions
1. What was the legal issue in this case? What did the Supreme Court decide?
2. What things must be shown in order to achieve class certification in a class action lawsuit? What did the Court say was lacking in this case?
3. What complications do class action suits present when deciding the damages to which class members are entitled? Why does the Court reject the method proposed by the lower court?
4. What are the practical consequences of this decision for plaintiffs in discrimination and other employment law cases? What would the consequences have been for employers if the court had ruled that the class action could proceed?
Jones v. Oklahoma City Public Schools (Ch 3, p 77) Case Questions
1. What was the legal issue in this case? What did the court decide?
2. How is the plaintiff able to establish a primafacie case of disparate treatment?
3. What reasons did the employer offer for its decision to reassign the employer offer for its decision to reassign the employee? What is the evidence that these might be pretext?
4. What does the court mean when it refers to a “pretext-plus standard”? How did the district court err in applying this standard?
5. What does it mean for age to be a “but-for” cause? Do you think that Jones will be able to prove age discrimination at trial? Why or why not?
BA370 Case Analyses 1
BA 370 Case Analyses 1
BA/370 Case Analyses 1
BA370 Employment Law Case Analyses 2
BA370 Case Analyses 3 Solution Click Below Link:
BA370 DQ Solution Click Below Link:
Selected TWO court cases: (1) Wal-Mart Stores v. Dukes and (2) Jones v. Oklahoma City Public Schools (***** Answered All questions + APA + References *****)
body preview (11 words)
(1) Wal-Mart xxxxxx v. Dukes xxx xxx xxxxx v. Oklahoma City xxxxxx xxxxxxx
file1.docx preview (1395 words)
xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx
(Wal-Mart xxxxxx xx Dukes xxx xxxxx v. Oklahoma City Public xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxx
x xxxx xxxxxxxx xxx xxxxx case xxxxxxx for present discussions are xxxxxxxx Stores xx xxxxx xxx Jones v. Oklahoma xxxx Public xxxxxxxx The xxxxxxxx xxxx xx about xxx issue xxxxxxx to sex xxxxxxxxxxxxxx by xxxxxx women xxxx than xxx xxx xxxxx v. Oklahoma xxxx xxxxxx Schools xx about xxxxxxxxx xx xxx xxx Discrimination in Employment.
Wal-Mart xxxxxx v. xxxxx
1. What was the legal issue in xxxx case? xxxx xxx the Supreme xxxxx xxxxxxx
The xxxxx xxxxx in xxxx case xxxx x group of xxxxx xxx worked xx Wal-Mart xxxxxx xxxxx a xxxxxxx alleging xxxx their employer engaged in xxxxxxxxxxx xxx discrimination by paying xxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxx women to management positions, and xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxx more xxxxxxxx
In its decision, xxx Supreme xxxxx xxxxxx a high hurdle for xxxxx xx xxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxx
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it