Wal-Mart Stores v. Dukes (Ch 1, p 17) Nino v. The Jewelry Exchange (Ch 1, p 22) Narayan v. EGL, Inc. (Ch 2, p 37) Solis v. Laurelbrook Sanitarium and School (Ch 2, p 42) Zheng v. Liberty Apparel Co. (Ch 2, p 51) Jones v. Oklahoma City Public Schools
BA370 Case Analyses 1
Case Analyses: select TWO court cases (from different chapters) from the list below, and respond in writing to the case questions. The written analysis of both cases should be approximately 2-3 pages total; use parenthetical citations and a corresponding works cited list when referencing specific information from the text or other sources, and follow other prescribed guidelines for APA format.
Wal-Mart Stores v. Dukes (Ch 1, p 17) Nino v. The Jewelry Exchange (Ch 1, p 22) Narayan v. EGL, Inc. (Ch 2, p 37) Solis v. Laurelbrook Sanitarium and School (Ch 2, p 42) Zheng v. Liberty Apparel Co. (Ch 2, p 51) Jones v. Oklahoma City Public Schools (Ch 3, p 77) Hasan v. Foley & Lardner, LLP (Ch 3, p 80) Collazo v. Bristol-Myers Squibb Manufacturing (Ch 3, p 89)
Wal-Mart Stores v. Dukes (Ch 1, p 17) Case Questions
1. What was the legal issue in this case? What did the Supreme Court decide?
2. What things must be shown in order to achieve class certification in a class action lawsuit? What did the Court say was lacking in this case?
3. What complications do class action suits present when deciding the damages to which class members are entitled? Why does the Court reject the method proposed by the lower court?
4. What are the practical consequences of this decision for plaintiffs in discrimination and other employment law cases? What would the consequences have been for employers if the court had ruled that the class action could proceed?
Jones v. Oklahoma City Public Schools (Ch 3, p 77) Case Questions
1. What was the legal issue in this case? What did the court decide?
2. How is the plaintiff able to establish a primafacie case of disparate treatment?
3. What reasons did the employer offer for its decision to reassign the employer offer for its decision to reassign the employee? What is the evidence that these might be pretext?
4. What does the court mean when it refers to a “pretext-plus standard”? How did the district court err in applying this standard?
5. What does it mean for age to be a “but-for” cause? Do you think that Jones will be able to prove age discrimination at trial? Why or why not?
BA370 Case Analyses 1
BA 370 Case Analyses 1
BA/370 Case Analyses 1
BA370 Employment Law Case Analyses 2
BA370 Case Analyses 3 Solution Click Below Link:
BA370 DQ Solution Click Below Link:
Selected TWO court cases: (1) Wal-Mart Stores v. Dukes and (2) Jones v. Oklahoma City Public Schools (***** Answered All questions + APA + References *****)
body preview (11 words)
(1) Wal-Mart xxxxxx xx xxxxx and (2) xxxxx xx xxxxxxxx xxxx Public Schools
file1.docx preview (1400 words)
Selected Court xxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx v. Dukes xxx Jones v. xxxxxxxx xxxx Public xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx BA370 Employment xxx
I xxxx xxxxxxxx two xxxxx xxxx studies xxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxx Stores v. xxxxx xxx Jones xx Oklahoma xxxx Public Schools. The Wal-Mart xxxx is xxxxx the xxxxx xxxxxxx to xxx discrimination by paying women xxxx than xxx xxx Jones xx Oklahoma City Public xxxxxxx is about xxxxxxxxx xx the Age Discrimination xx Employment.
Wal-Mart xxxxxx v. Dukes
1. xxxx xxx the xxxxx xxxxx in xxxx case? xxxx xxx the xxxxxxx xxxxx decide?
The legal issue xx this case xxxx x xxxxx xx women xxx xxxxxx at xxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx x lawsuit xxxxxxxx xxxx their employer xxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxx sex xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx paying women xxxx than xxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx to xxxxxxxxxx positions, xxx promoting male employees more quickly.
In xxx xxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxx Court xxxxxx x xxxx xxxxxx for women xx Wal-Mart xx xxxxxxxx
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it