In this task, you will develop a presentation with recommendations to the combined board of directors on key aspects of the merger process in “Utah Symphony and Utah Opera: A Merger Proposal” case study. The presentation will encompass the coming year’s strategic goals, assuming the merger happens.
The strategic goals for the first year include the following:
• Integrate the business process of the two companies
• Reduce overall expenses as a percentage of profit
• Retain key employees
• Maintain audience base for both the opera and the symphony
• Identify and pursue synergistic opportunities between the two companies
Prepare a multimedia presentation (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote) (suggested length of 12–15 slides) in which you do the following:
Note: The slides in your presentation should include only the main points you wish to make, with more extensive information included in the presenter notes section of the presentation. Include slides that explain the objective of the presentation and lead the audience to the desired conclusion.
A. Compare the cultures of the two companies using the relevant values in the attached “Competing Values Framework.”
Note: It is not necessary to address each value individually. Rather, use the relevant values from the framework to draw a contrast between the two companies.
1. Compare how the organizational structure of each company differs in terms of distribution of authority and decision making.
2. Discuss what key factors will be critical in the new company’s culture to best ensure it supports the first-year strategic goals.
B. Propose an audience strategy for Anne Ewers to use when preparing to speak with the opera contractors and orchestra employees.
1. Prepare a message strategy for Anne to use to best ensure key members of the opera contractors and the orchestra employees are retained.
C. Recommend two technology tools that can be used after the merger to help the companies merge their administrative technology applications.
1. Map the implementation of these tools to the company’s strategic goals.
D. Include presenter notes for each slide.
Note: Presenter notes may be included either in the notes section of your presentation or may be in a word-processing document.
E. If you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Utah Symphony and Utah Opera: A Merger Proposal ppt
body preview (0 words)
file1.pptx preview (1332 words)
Competing Values xxxxxxxxx
Merger between Symphony xxx Opera xx based on the xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx that supports xxx arts community.
Changes in the landscape
Changes in xxx funds
xxxx the past xxx years, xxxx frequent changes have caused xxxx the xxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx values xxxxxxxxx diagram
xxx xxxxxxxx xxx the Opera are two very different cultures
Evaluation of current xxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxx x synergy xxxxxxx xxx xxx companies
xx case of merger between two companies, it is primarily important to find the xxxxx xx each xxxxxxx xx relation xx xxx Values Framework. The merger involves, combining of cultures, operations, administration, staff, leadership, vision, xxxxxxxxxx xxx missions of xxxx organization into one xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx of Symphony
xxxxxxxx align xxxx Clan xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxx are xxxxxxxxxx with a xxxxxxxxx staff of 33 xxxxxx and a union xx xx salaried xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- - -
more text follows
- - -
Try it before you buy it
Check plagiarism for $2.00