Resource: Appendix B
Review pp. 504–518 inCh. 20 & Ch. 21 of A World of Art
View the Neoclassic piece The Emperor Napoleon in His Study at the Tuileries byJacques Louis David, on theNational Gallery of Art website, located in Appendix B. To access the piece, do the following:
· Type The Emperor Napoleon in His Study at the Tuileries into the Search This Site box.
· Click The Emperor Napoleon in His Study at the Tuileries.
View the Impressionist piece The Luncheon of the Boating Party by Pierre-AugusteRenoir, on the Phillips Collectionwebsite, located in Appendix B. To access the piece, do the following:
· Click the link to go to the Phillips Collection home page.
· Select Collection.
· Click Luncheon of the Boating Party from the drop-down menu on the left side of the screen.
View the Abstract Expressionist piece Autumn Rhythm (Number 30) by Jackson Pollock, on the Metropolitan Museum of Art website, located in Appendix B. To access the piece, do the following:
· Clickthe link to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art home page.
· Select Works of Art.
· Type Autumn Rhythm in the Search box, and select the first item that comes up.
· You may also find the following helpful:
o The Works in Progress explanation of Pollock on pp. 134–135 in Ch. 7 of A World of Art
o MyArtsLab - The Closer Look at Pollock’s Autumn Rhythm under Ch. 7
o MyArtsLab - The video link of Jackson Pollock at Work under Ch. 7
Write a 500- to 700-word summary that compares and contrastsNeoclassicism, Impressionism, and Abstract Expressionism. Use the selected artwork as your examples. Include the following in your discussion:
· How each style reflects its era and the culture
· Discussion of painting techniques
· Formal elements
Format your summary consistent with APA guidelines. A works cited page is required. Certificate of Originality is required.
Art 101 week 5 Paiting Style
body preview (5 words)
xxx xxxxx xxxx 5 Paiting Style
file1.docx preview (808 words)
xxxxx xxx dawn of man, xxx has been x means of expression xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Every xxx has a xxxxxxxxx style in xxxxx art xx brought xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx these eras, Artists xxxx xxx over xxx xxxxx xxxx created xxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx of every fathomable xxxxxxxxxx xxxx xx xxxxx xxxx xxxx viewers x new way xx xxxxxxx at art xxxxx xx which xxxx Neoclassicism, Impressionism, and xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx the xxxxx xxxxxxxx these art xxxxxx mirrored xxx different xxxxx of life xxx xxxxx xx which they xxxx xxxxxxxx
Neoclassicism was a reflection xx Greek and xxxxx values and xxxxxxxxx as seen by xxx people xx xxxx xxx and xxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxx xxxxx were xxx xxxx prominent xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx in the xxx of the Neoclassicism era. xx Jacques xxxxx xxxxx’x xxxxxxxx The Oath xx the xxxxxxx, xxx drastic and deliberate xxxxx of xxx xxxxxxx and gestures xx xxx xxx xxxxxxxxx are x clear xxxxxxxxxx of the xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it