Nuclear medicine is a specialized branch of modern medicine that exploits the process of radioactivity for imaging, diagnosis, and treatment. Many imaging techniques inject small amounts of radioactive material into the body, which are then tracked by a sensing device specific to the type of radiation emitted from that material. Radiation has also been used to destroy diseased tissue, typically beyond the reach of standard surgical techniques.
Using the Internet, write a paper on nuclear medicine. Address the following:
- Explain the scientific and technical concepts related to nuclear medicine. Consider the following questions when you construct your response:
- What type of radiation is typically exploited in most nuclear medicine procedures?
- How are patients prepared for nuclear medicine procedures?
- What are the advantages and limitations of nuclear medicine?
- What ailments are typically diagnosed and treated via nuclear medicine procedures?
- Evaluate a minimum of three applications of nuclear medicine relating to any of the following topics:
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scans
- Gallium scans
- Indium white blood cell scans
- Iobenguane scans (MIBG)
- Octreotide scans
- Hybrid scanning techniques employing X-ray computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine therapy using radiopharmaceuticals
Support your statements with examples. Provide a minimum of three scholarly references.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources
Answer rating (rated one time)
100 % UNIQUE CONTENT DETAILED Nuclear Medicine PAPER
body preview (6 words)
100 % UNIQUE xxxxxxx DETAILED Nuclear xxxxxxxx xxxxx
file1.docx preview (995 words)
Running xxxxx xxxxxxx MEDICINE 1
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx is x branch xx medicine that xxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxx substances to xxxxxxxx and treat diseases. xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx with other xxxxxxxx are xxxxxxxx to come xx with xxxxxxxx compound and substances like pharmaceuticals xxx radioceuticals.
Principle of xxxxx pharmaceuticals for instance involves xx xxxxxx xxxxxx evaluation and determination of xxx extent to which the diseases has xxxxxxxx xxx body xxxxx by xxxxxx use of xxx cellular functions xxx physiology.
Nuclear xxxxxxxx is xxxx xxxx tech and xxx xxxx diagnose an xxxxxxx xx an xxxxx xxxxx xx facilities xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx other xxxxxxxxxx xxxx like xxx common X-rays for instance, radiology records xxxxxxxxx emitting xxxx within xxx xxxx but xxx xxxx xxx xxxxxxx sources.
xx xxxx xxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx of radiology and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xx xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx of xxx short
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it