Need help with finance homwork
- Seattle Health Plans currently use zero-dept financing. Its operating income (EBIT) IS $1 million, and it pays taxes at a 40 percent rate. It has $5 million in assets and because it is all equity financed $5 million in equity. Suppose the firm is considering replacing half of its equity financing with debt financing bearing an interest rate of 8 percent.
- What impact would the new capital structure have on the firm’s net income, total dollar return to investor, and ROE?
- Redo the analysis but now assume that the debt financing would cost 15 percent
- Return to the initial 8 percent interest rate. Now assume the EBIT could be as low as $500,000 (with a probability of 20 percent) or as high as $1.5 million (with a probability of 20 percent). There remains a 60 percent chance that EBIT would be $1 million. Redo the analysis for each level EBIT and find the expected values of the firms not income, total dollar return to investor s and ROE. What lesson about capital structure and risk does this illustration provide?
- Repeat the analysis required for Part a but now assume that Settle Health Plans is a non-for-profit corporation and pays no taxes. Compare the result with those obtained in Part a.
- Calculate the after tax cost of debt for the Wallace Clinic, a for- profit healthcare provider, assuming that the coupon rate set on its debt is 11 percent and its tax rate is
- 0 percent
- 20 percent
- 40 percent
- St. Vincent Hospital has a target capital structure of 35 percent debt and 65 percent equity. Its cost of equity (fund capital) estimate is 13.5 percent and its cost of tax-exempt debt estimate is 7 percent. What is the hospital corporate cost of capital?
- Richmond Clinic has obtained the following estimate for its costs of debt and equity at various capital structure:
Percent Debt After Tax Cost of Debt Cost of Equity
20 6.6% 17
40 7.8 19
60 10.2 22
80 14.0 27
What is the firm’s optimal capital structure? (Hint: calculate its corporate cost of capital at each structure. Also note that data on component cost at alternative capital structure are not reliable in real world situations.
Answer rating (rated one time)
body preview (20 words)
Please find xxxxxxxx file in excel sheet and xxx xx xxxx xx you need xxxx xxxx xx it. xxxxxx
file1.1_13.213.3__13.4_0.xls preview (349 words)
|xxxx||xxx in xxxxxxxx|
|Return xx investor xx dollar||xxx||0.48|
|xxx net xxxxxx and return to xxxxxxxxx xx dollar has gone xxxx but xxx xxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxx xxx gone up xxx to xxxx xxxxxxxxx as xxx|
|investment in xxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxx to xxxxxxxx xx xxxxxx||0.6x||xxxxx|
|xxx xxxxxx is xxx same as xx a xxx xxx change xx lower at xxx than xxx|
|Return xx investor|
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it