Modern American History
2 - 3 pages
In 1972, there was a break-in at the Democratic National Committee’s headquarters in the Watergate Office Complex. Thus began a series of events that would shake the public’s confidence in its most visible symbol of American authority and prestige: the presidency.
This is a Three part assignment:
PART ONE: Discuss ONE of the following events surrounding the break-in:
- When did the break-in occur?
- How was Nixon connected to the break-in?
- Which top aides resigned and why?
- When Nixon resigned, who took over as President?
PART TWO: The presence of a White House taping system was discovered.
- Discuss the events surrounding the discovery of the tapes and the issues involved in trying to get the tapes.
- What is the "18 1/2 minutes of silence"?
PART THREE: Include ONE of the following personalities in your discussion and discuss their involvement (see list). You are to incorporate persons from part three, into your discussions of parts one and two.
- Richard M. Nixon and his resignation
- Gerald Ford’s pardoning of Richard Nixon (not connected with the break-in but important in the context)
- H. R. Haldeman
- John Ehrlichman
- Attorney General Richard Kleindienst
- Archibald Cox
- Howard Hunt
- Chuck Colson
- G. Gordon Liddy
- John Dean
- John Mitchell
- James McCord
- Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein
- Mark Felt
- Deep Throat
Modern American History
body preview (0 words)
file1.docx preview (500 words)
xx august xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xx xxx xxxxx xx xxxxxx from xxx xxxxxxx Following xxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx president xxxxxx Ford xxxx over xx xxx new president xx xxxxxxxx the xxxxxxxxx xxx and a xxxx xxxxx xx Nixon xxxxx xxx resignation xxx as x xxxxxx of more xxxx xxx xxxxx bitter public debate xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx The President xxxxx xx xxxxxx pressure xxx xxx leaders from xxx ruling xxxxx and he became the first U.S xxxxxxxxx xx resign xxxx office.
The xxxx xxx xxxxxxxxxx xx xxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx frank Wills. xxxxx xxx xxxxx was going round at xxx Watergate hotel in xxx morning xx xxxx 17, 1972, he xxxx across x xxxx situated xxxxxxx the xxxxxxxx stairwell xxx xxx xxxxxx for parking vehicles xxxx was xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx by x tape. xxx xxxxx xxxxxxx xxx xxxx xxx xxxxxxxxx with his xxxxx later on when xx xxxxxxxx xx the xxxx scene xx xxxxx that somebody else have re-taped the xxxxx xx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx about xxx happenings xxx xx called xxx police. The
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it