Economics - Macroeconomics - China
High level answers are fine - bullet points perfectly ok.
1. Consider the following statement: “China’s current account surplus implies that China has added more to global supply of output than to global demand.” Does a current account surplus necessarily imply the stated outcome for global supply and demand?
2. Explain the role of China's administered exchange rate in contributing to its trade surpluses and therefore growth in the global supply of goods relative to demand.
3. We saw that exports from China have effectively lowered relative wages for unskilled and semi-skilled workers in advanced countries. What has been the effect on wages in China? Explain these forces in terms of the "factor price equalisation theorem" in international trade theory. Do these forces also apply to other factor prices?
4. Karl Marx said in 1867 in Volume 1 of "Capital" "..commodities are only definite masses of congealed labour time". To what extent is this true of the export of goods and services rather than by importing labour directly (immigration)
5. What are the underlying forces that have accelerated the process of globalisation in recent decades and are continuing to do so?
6. What specific policies could China and the US adopt to reduce their saving-investment imbalances and therefore their current account imbalances? What political obstacles would each country face in implementing each policy?
Answer rating (rated one time)
body preview (5 words)
xxxxxx find xxxxxxxx xxxx assignment
file1.docx preview (1859 words)
Q1. “China’s xxxxxxx xxxxxxx surplus implies that xxxxx has xxxxx xxxx to global supply of output xxxx xx xxxxxx xxxxxxx” Does x current account xxxxxxx necessarily xxxxx the xxxxxx outcome xxx global supply and demand?
xxx xxxxxxx current account xxxxxxx is the xxxxxx indicator of its xxxxx balance xxxx xxx global economy, which xxx xxxxxxxx pitched xxxx xxx to xxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx in a xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxx Yes, a current account surplus xx xxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx to xxxxxxxxx the outcome for the xxxxxx xxxxxx and xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx records its xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xx xxx xxxxxxx of payments xxxxxx under xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxx the xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx the capital xxxxxxx and the financial account.
xxx balance of the xxxxxxx xxxxxxx indicates xxxx whether x
- - - more text follows - - -
Buy this answer
Try it before you buy it