Discussion—Poverty and Discrimination
Assignment 1: Discussion—Poverty and Discrimination
Poverty and discrimination are linked as one often leads to the other and vice versa. The poor are a target for discrimination due to their circumstances, while discrimination due to ethnicity, race, or gender reduces the number of economic opportunities an individual might get. In this module, you explore the segments of the population that are more likely to be poor. You also examine the reasons for the poverty of these segments and its implications for social policy development.
Research the link between poverty and discrimination using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet.
- Select two journal articles that address the linkage between poverty and discrimination reflected in the conditions of racial and ethnic minority populations.
- Be sure to select one article that addresses poverty and discrimination in the United States and one in any other country.
- Make sure the articles include examples of social policies that have attempted to address these issues.
Respond to the following:
- How is the linkage between poverty and discrimination reflected in the conditions of racial and ethnic minority populations?
- Identify two examples of social policies that have attempted to address these issues and discuss their effectiveness.
- Support your positions with material from your library research.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 200–300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Saturday, January 26, 2013, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, January 30, 2013, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Cover the following items in your posts:
- Provide a statement of clarification.
- Provide a point of view with rationale.
- Challenge a point of discussion, or draw a relationship between one or more points of the discussion.
This discussion assignment will be graded using the discussion rubric.
Answer rating (rated one time)
Poverty and Discrimination Name Tutor College Course Date How is the linkage between poverty and discrimination reflected in the condition of racial and ethical minority population? Poverty is the state of being poor which is mainly associated
body preview (2 words)
file1.doc preview (510 words)
Running Head: xxxxxxx AND xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx xxx xxxx xx MERGEFORMAT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx DISCRIMINATION � PAGE \* xxxxxxxxxxx �2�
xxxxxxx xxx Discrimination
xxx xx the xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxx discrimination reflected xx xxx xxxxxxxxx of racial xxx ethical xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx is the state of xxxxx xxxx xxxxx xx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx with lack of xxxxxxxxx across x wide xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx or lack xx xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx This needs include xxxxx xxxxxxx xxx stability. xxxxx discrimination means treating a person or a group xxxx favorably xx xxxxxxxxxxx compared to xxx other xxxxxxxx This treatment xxx xx as x result xx xxxxxxx xxxxx religion, gender, age, xxx xxx nationality (Bond, xxxxx xxx relation between xxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxxxx would xx xxxxxxxxx below. Additionally, the social xxxxxxxx that xxxxxxx xx xxxxxxx the xxxxxx on xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and poverty xxx their effectiveness will
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it