Determining Causes and Effects
Assignment 3.1: Determining Causes and Effects – Draft Version
Due Week 7 and worth 80 points Select one (1) of the following scenarios on which to focus your cause and effect paper. Research the topic and include credible sources to support claims. Identify your purpose clearly, incorporate audience needs, establish a desired tone, and organize information/claims effectively.
- The CEO of a major U.S. automotive manufacturer has asked you (a global marketing manager) to write about the causes and effects of importing most of its materials from foreign manufacturers. The paper will be provided to the board of directors and stockholders.
- The director of a regional blood bank has asked you (a public relations specialist) to write about the causes and effects of advertising for blood donations in the past 30 years. The paper will be provided to the board of directors as they make decisions about the focus of future campaigns.
- A state representative to the U.S. has asked you (a congressional aide) to write a paper on the causes and effects of water pollution in Lake Huron. The paper will be provided to the state’s fish and game board as well as various committees for improving public health.
Write a 4-5 page paper in which you:
- Provide a clear thesis statement.
- Describe the major cause.
- Describe a leading second cause.
- Describe two (2) other contributing causes.
- Describe three (3) effects of the cause on the economy.
- Describe three (3) effects on people.
- Include two (2) visuals that illustrate two (2) different claims.
- Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Provide three (3) relevant and credible sources to support claims.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify elements of visual and electronic resources and their uses in writing.
- Associate the features of audience, purpose, and text with various genres.
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Recognize how to organize ideas with transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Incorporate relevant, correctly documented sources to substantiate claims.
- Apply the writing process to develop various writing genres.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.
The Menace of Water Pollution
body preview (0 words)
file1.docx preview (1154 words)
The menace xx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx in Lake xxxxxxxx
xxx menace of xxxxx pollution xx Lake xxxxxxxx
The menace of xxxxx xxxxxxxxx in Lake Huron
xxxxxxxx xx xxxxxx xxx effects
xxxxxxx’s name xxxx
xxxx xxxx xxxxx lakes in the xxxxxxx Lake Huron xxxx xx suffering huge damages from xxxxxxx increasing. Keeping xx xxxx xxxx xxx lake xx xxxx xx a great xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx that includes many rare species of life, the xxxxxx xxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxx causes of such pollution xxx xxx xxxxxxx of xxx same xx the ecological system xx xxx xxxxx
Development has its own xxxxxxxx impacts xx the environment. The Great xxxxx are just xxx perfect example to showcase how xxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxx xxx effects xxxx xxx xxx xxxxxx of xxxxx xxxxx – xxxxxx xxxx Erie, Superior, Michigan, xxx xxxxxxx – in xxxxxxxxx Considering that these lakes xxx the xxxxxxx freshwater xxxxxxx xx this xxxxxxxx any xxxxxx xx these lakes xx xxxx xx
- - - more text follows - - -
Buy this answer
Try it before you buy it