BUS 311 Business Law 1 – Week 1 Discussions
BUS 311 Week 1 Discussions - BUS311
Applying the Law to a Set of Facts. Read the Hypothetical Case Problem #1 at the end of Chapter 1 and respond to these questions
1. If Javier sued Energy-Auto Inc., identify who would be the plaintiff and the defendant.
2. In which state or states can the suit be brought?
3. Assume that Javier incurred $100,000 in damages.
a) Analyze whether the suit can be brought in federal court
b) Explain the advantages and disadvantages of federal versus state court for this type of suit.
Guided Response: Analyze and respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings. Do you agree with their conclusions? Did the facts you considered important in determining jurisdiction differ from your classmates? Explain why or why not.
Tort or Crime. In Chapter 1 of the text you read about the Bailey v. Eminem defamation case where the court held Eminem’s lyrics were protected by the First Amendment. Read the article and view the video (the links are listed under Week 1 Additional Learning Resources Required and Week 1 Multimedia Required) to the Pahler v. Slayer case. Respond to the following questions:
1. Did the Pahler court use the same reasoning as used in Bailey v. Eminem?
2. Should the court’s decision in Pahler be different because a young girl was murdered?
3. Recall the difference between a crime and a tort. Based on these two cases, analyze and discuss whether artists should be held liable for the actions of their fans.
BUS 311 Business Law 1 – Week 1 Discussions (A+)
body preview (0 words)
file1.docx preview (656 words)
Applying xxx Law to x xxx of xxxxxx Read the xxxxxxxxxxxx Case xxxxxxx #1 at the xxx of xxxxxxx x and xxxxxxx xx xxxxx questions:
xx xx Javier sued xxxxxxxxxxx Inc., xxxxxxxx xxx would xx the plaintiff and the xxxxxxxxxx
2. xx xxxxx state or xxxxxx xxx xxx xxxx xx xxxxxxxx
3. Assume xxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxx $100,000 xx damages.
xx xxxxxxx whether the suit can be xxxxxxx in xxxxxxx xxxxx
xx Explain the advantages and xxxxxxxxxxxxx of federal xxxxxx state court for this type xx suit.
If Javier xxxxxxx to sue xxxxxxxxxxx Inc., Javier xxxxx be xxx plaintiff xx xx xx xxx xxx who brought about xxx suit and Energy-Auto Inc. xxxx xx xxx defendant xxx xxxx defend themselves xxxx the allegations of xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx is xxx one xxxxxxxx about the suit, xx can xxxx xxx suit xx his xxxxxxxx of xxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx the xxxx state xxxx Energy-Auto Inc. xxx xxx xxxxxxxxx offices in. xxxxx xxx xxxx xx xxx xxxxxxxx of xxxx the xxxxxxxxx and xxx xxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxx xxx xx personam (personal) jurisdiction
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it