According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business and society is becoming more complex. Use the Internet to research one (1) of the following organizations:
- De Beers Diamond Company
- National Football League (NFL)
- British Petroleum (BP)
- National Rifle Association (NRA)
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Specify the nature, structure, types of products or service of your chosen organization, and two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environment that can affect its success. Provide explanation to support the rationale.
- Examine three (3) salient stakeholders of the chosen organization based on their key roles and relationships with the company.
- Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the organization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
- Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with your selected organization.
- Assuming you are the leader of the most influential stakeholder group, outline a plan to form a stakeholder coalition to force the organization to address your chosen controversial issue. The plan should include the key steps that you would take to identify members for your coalition group, the major reasons why you believe that the particular target group can help you to accomplish your goal, and the method you would utilize to foster collaboration among the various groups you target.
- Assume the role as the leader of the most influential stakeholder group, and indicate three (3) potential challenges that you may face in encouraging stakeholders to form a coalition to help you achieve your goals. Suggest the significant steps that you would take in order to overcome these challenges that you have identified. Justify the response.
- Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which they are part of an interactive system.
- Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and society.
- Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships.
- Analyze the multiple environments of an organization.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility, citizenship, and global citizenship.
- Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.
100% Perfect Tutorail BUS475 Assignment Social Performance of Organizations: British Petroleum (BP) Already Graded work, Use as Guide
body preview (0 words)
file1.docx preview (1823 words)
xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx of Organizations: xxxxxxx Petroleum xxxx
Social xxxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My chosen xxxxxxxxxxxx is British Petroleum.
Nature of the Entity
xxxxxxx Petroleum xx one xx the xxxxx’s xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxx xxx companies. The xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xx keep xxxxx xxxxxxx moving, energy for xxxx xxx xxxxxx and xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xx xxxx everyday xxxxxx The xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx technologies and tried-and-testedsolutions xx find oil xxx xxx xxxxxxx xxx earth’x xxxxxxxx
Structure xx xxx xxxxxx
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx is xxxxxxx everywhere xx xxx xxxxxx From Europe to xxxxxx xxx xxxxxx East Asia, the xxxxxxx’s branches xxx operating effectively.The company has xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxx of xxxx xxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxx branches xx 100 countries xx xxx continents.(Cambridge xxxxxxxxxx Press, xxxxx
Types of products
Theprincipal xxxxxxxxxx of xxxxxxx
- - -
more text follows
- - -
Try it before you buy it
Check plagiarism for $2.00