Assignment #1: JET Copies Case Problem
Read the "JET Copies" Case Problem on pages 678-679 of the text. Using simulation estimate the loss of revenue due to copier breakdown for one year, as follows:
- In Excel, use a suitable method for generating the number of days needed to repair the copier, when it is out of service, according to the discrete distribution shown.
- In Excel, use a suitable method for simulating the interval between successive breakdowns, according to the continuous distribution shown.
- In Excel, use a suitable method for simulating the lost revenue for each day the copier is out of service.
- Put all of this together to simulate the lost revenue due to copier breakdowns over 1 year to answer the question asked in the case study.
- In a word processing program, write a brief description/explanation of how you implemented each component of the model. Write 1-2 paragraphs for each component of the model (days-to-repair; interval between breakdowns; lost revenue; putting it together).
- Answer the question posed in the case study. How confident are you that this answer is a good one? What are the limits of the study? Write at least one paragraph.
There are two deliverables for this Case Problem, the Excel spreadsheet and the written description/explanation.
Answer rating (rated one time)
MAT 540 Assignment for you is attached (as discussed)
body preview (10 words)
MAT 540 Assignment xxx xxx is attached xxx discussed)
file1.xlsx preview (474 words)
|#1- xxx average number of xxxx needed to repair the xxxxxx when xx xxxxxxxxxx||#2- The average xxxxxx xx weeks between xxxxxxxxxxx|
|Probabilityx||Cumulative Probabilityx||Repair Time-days||Repair Time-days||Random #'s||xxxxxx Time-daysx||Average xxxxxx Time xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx||3.84||xxxxxxxxxxx||xx xxxxxx xxx xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx||Time xxxxxxx break downs xxxxxxx|
- - - more text follows - - -
file2.doc preview (472 words)
Assignment #1: JET xxxxxx Case Problem
Do xxx xxxxxx xxxx work as your xxxx xxxxxx to xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
The xxxxxxx xxxxxx xx days xxxxxx xx xxxxxx the xxxxxxx Continuous xxxxxxxxxxx Distributions
I did xxx xxxxxxxxxx probability for the four xxxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx I named the xxxxxxxxxx probability xxx repair time xxxx’ xxxxxxx x decided xx expand my xxxxxx time days xx xxx to xxx a xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxx I used the xxxxxxx =rand() to xxx my random numbers. I froze my random xxxxxxxx xx convert xx random xxxxxxx to xxxxxx time days, I used xxx xxxxxxx =vlookup(F6,vlookup,2) and average the xxx repair xxxx – xxxxx
The average xxxxxx xx xxxxx between xxxxxxxxxxx
I xxxx xxx repair time xxxxx then x xxxxx () to get xx random xxxxxxxx The random xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxx xx xxx my time xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx x used the formula =6*sqrt(m7) xxx continuous xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx x
Lost xxxxxxx Due to xxxxxx xxxxx Out of xxxxxxxx
The xxxxxxx estimated
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it