Is 12 a solution to the equation 7 – x = 5?
Must be APA format
All problems must have work shown
Must be done by 12pm EST. on 2/15/2014
1. Is 12 a solution to the equation 7 – x = 5?
2. Is –9 a solution to the equation 9 – 8x = 81?
3. Solve -2x+7>=9
4. Solve 3(x-5)<2(2x-1)
5. Solve. 8x + 2 = 7x
6. Solve. 7x – 0.96 = 6(x – 0.67)
7. Solve for x. 4x = –8
8. A company estimates that 5% of the parts they manufacture are defective. If 8 defective parts are found one week by the quality assurance testers, how many parts were manufactured that week?
9. Solve for x. 35 – 7x = 35
10. Solve for x. – 5 = 5
11. Solve for x. 4(x – 2) + 4x = 5x + 4
12. Solve for x. 7x – 3 + 3x = 10x – 3
13. Solve for x. –10x + 1 – 7x = –17x + 7
14. Solve the literal equation for y. x + 5y = 25
15. A rectangular solid has a base with length 5 cm and width 2 cm. If the volume of the solid is 100 cm3, find the height of the solid. [Hint: The volume of a rectangular solid is given by V = LWH.]
16. Translate the following statement into an algebraic equation. Let x represent the number. 1 less than 15 times a number is 9 times that same number.
17. The sum of three consecutive odd integers is 201. Find the integers.
18. At 9:00 a.m. a truck leaves the truck yard and travels west at a rate of 35 mi/hr. Two hours later, a second truck leaves along the same route, traveling at 70 mi/hr. When will the second truck catch up to the first?
19. The base of an isosceles triangle is 1 in. less than the length of one of the equal sides. If the perimeter of the triangle is 20 in., find the length of each of the sides.
20. Identify the amount in the statement "318 is 53% of 600."
21. Elaine was charged $126 interest for 1 month on a $1800 credit card balance. What was the monthly interest rate?
22. A broach was marked up $150 from cost, which amounts to a 50% increase. Find the original cost of the broach.
23. Solve the solution set. 8x + 3 < 4x – 13
24. Solve the solution set. 5x + 12 > 10x – 8
25. An arithmetic student needs an average of 70 or more to receive credit for the course. She scored 76, 69, and 84 on the first three exams. Write a simplified inequality representing the score she must get on the last test to receive credit for the course.
26. The length of a rectangle is 2 in. more than twice its width. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 in., find the width of the rectangle.
27. Solve and check: 6x=4(x-5)
28. Solve 1/4x<=3/8
29. Solve 8x-7<=7x-5
30. Solve -5x>23.5
Answer rating (rated one time)
Here are the solutions for you (a+ work)
body preview (8 words)
Here xxx the xxxxxxxxx xxx you (a+ xxxxx
file1.rtf preview (1637 words)
xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx x
xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx
xxxxxxx TITLE HERE]
Allied xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
This paper was xxxxxxxx for xxxxxxx COURSE xxxxxx [INSERT COURSE ASSIGNMENT] taught xx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx’x xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx: Please show all xx your xxxx for xxxx problem. If applicable, xxx may find xxxxxxxxx xxxx’x xxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx in creating xxxxxxxxxxxx expressions in xxxxx There is a tutorial xx xxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx editor in xxxxxx x Lecture Notes. xxx also xxxx the xxxxxx xx xxxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxx and xxxxxxxx it.
1. Is 12 x xxxxxxxx xx the equation 7 – x x xx
xx – x x 5
If x = 12 is a solution then, it will xxxx xxxx side x xxxxx xxxxx xxxx we plug x = 12
xx = 12 xxxxxx left xxxxxx – 12 = -5
makes right xxxx = 5
since xxxx xxxx is xxx equal to right side
xxx xx is not x xxxxxxxx xx the xxxxxxxxx
2. Is –9 x solution to the equation x – 8x x 81?
xx – 8x = xx
xxx x x xx xx x solution xxxxx it will xxxx left side = right
- - - more text follows - - -
Try it before you buy it